Advertise here
Hourly Auctions
Win the ad, or your money back!

Welcome Guest - Login / Register Forum - Misc - How are the RPs doing?

How are the RPs doing?

Sticky threads

Latest Posts

dguy
Traffic Value: $15,993.01608 Canada
2 like this post 0 people
23/02/2021 04:43
If management bought, then the shares would be more like BTC. On an ever-increasing trend upwards. This would encourage others to buy and hold so it should create a virtuous circle. To do this we need the discipline of keeping the share float the same or lowering it.

If they used those shares to buy back BAP, then it would be like the cryptos that buy and burn them.

In theory, if we were to burn half the BAP over the long term, then the ad issues per person would double. That is not a guarantee though as people's behavior might change as the marketplace changes.
jordy186
Traffic Value: $868.5955 Netherlands
5 like this post 0 people
23/02/2021 20:31
@dguy

its all hard decisions because same thing will happen when MTV starts to pay dividend again. For that we need the FTQ to be paid off or paid within a fair period of time.

I wished we could go back to the system how it was designed with new crowd funding projects to create and optimize products and a verry active crowd and adminstation team.
Yes it would be nice if paidverts/mtv/marc start also to be active in the share market again as long as we dont go back the same way as what almost killed it. 

One of the ways to make money would be to spend money to make more money the only question is if it wouldnt be to early to start these things up. 

One of the things that can be done in my opinion which wouldnt cost to much time is to send out emails more often to see if we slowly can get back the old members that might even have money invested in the ftq or RP's that are sold now after this last movement. Everybody should know that we got paid off all the old debts.
Communication to the members and shareholders on a regular base is in my opinion the best way to trigger activity in a community. The last post from marc about the debts that are paid off did prove that once again 

One other suggestion/question i have. 
Why dont we receive automaticly an email when a batch of rps are sold or when a ftq or project funding is paid?

BTW change that perfect money message and replace that with a message that the old debts are paid off with a link to the forum post 
fraser
Traffic Value: $11,569.46477 Australia
1 like this post 1 people
23/02/2021 23:54
I think anyone that's hoping for huge ads from Paidverts is in for a big disappointment.

Paidverts is first and foremost an advertising vehicle (Marc has said this many times).  Find something that you genuinely want to advertise, and build a BAP position so that your advertising is free.

I take no money out of MTV.  I just recycle it for the free advertising and that makes me money elsewhere.

Where I do think there are big gains to be had is in the RP market.  I think a 10x is very possible in the medium term and much more depending on the success of the products.

Anyone (large or small investors) can take advantage of the depressed RP prices, and build themselves a position.  A percentage gain is a percentage gain regardless of how much you had to start with.

You could say whales are keeping the market depressed, or you could see it as an opportunity to build a cheap position.  You just need patience.
jordy186
Traffic Value: $868.5955 Netherlands
1 like this post 0 people
24/02/2021 04:50
@fraser

PV i am using the market to gain my bap usually but on ptcshare i maintain my bap level.
to be honest the advertising you get for 1$ adpack is pretty bad.  its verry rare that i get a referral on what i advertise. even if i wait a while and buy for 10$ at once. those 500 hits for 10 to gain referrals.

There is so many ways to get this running again and 1 of them is to get the total bap down so the daily ad issue per person get better.(through the market)
 The other thing that could be done is sent out massive anount of ads. The advertisers/bap buyers get more exposure so more chances to gain referrals elsewhere + massive amount of ads means more recycles which help to get the total bap down as well and get more activity overall on the website 
dguy
3 like this post 5 people
24/02/2021 17:30
What the hell are you doing Hoppa?

13 million shares bid?

This is ridiculous, Marc!

He is WRECKING the market and stealing from us ALL by jamming it up!
joak_0
Traffic Value: $4,070.2228 Spain
3 like this post 0 people
24/02/2021 17:39
With such a block price can only go up, he is just pushing it...
klikdiva
Traffic Value: $1,701.2323 Honduras
2 like this post 5 people
24/02/2021 17:48
Yeah, Hoppa is pushing it, but come on! He's just proving that he owns the market and all of us are his pawns. We've already experienced what a wreck is for the whole company to have a "market owner" artificially pushing things up to his own benefit with the one we don't name. Are we going to experience that again? Is the management really allowing this?
mio2815
Traffic Value: $32,608.39303 Germany
10 like this post 1 people
24/02/2021 17:55
Sorry guys you lost me, the last days you were complaining that he tried to push the market down.
Didn't work, so he moved his bids from 0.0008 to 0.0009.

Market goes down you complain, market goes up you also complain.
I don't get it. Just define your own strategy and go for it.
klikdiva
1 like this post 0 people
24/02/2021 18:10
@mio2815
The natural flows of the market are good for setting strategies.

A sole individual capriciously setting his price when he has such an enormous bidding power it's not good for strategies. Unless you can read his mind and know what he's doing ahead of time, of course!

There was a time, when certain group of select people used to know beforehand when the one we don't name was doing big market moves and moved their bids accordingly... Is it only me who remembers that?
stra
Traffic Value: $285.59089 Greece
10 like this post 2 people
24/02/2021 18:20
He is just trading.
What is he stealing and how on earth does he do so?
Does he put big blocks and the market cannot move?
And what do you want?
More volatility?

That is more gain and more risk.
Are you ready to take the risk?

That is how markets are, if you are trading crypto you already know that.

If you want another kind of market, simply make and implement the right rules.
But first you have to decide what kind of market you want.
klikdiva
1 like this post 2 people
24/02/2021 18:41
@stra
Are you aware thar regular users are not able to implement any kind of market rules by themselves here?

At some time, few years ago, when there were those huge one-person market moves, somebody proposed to split the market into two playgrounds: one high rollers market and a regular guy version.
It was dismissed. Programming time and cost issues was the reason for the dismissal, as far as I remember. 

Obviously, I am for the crowd deciding how the market moves, not for one extremely wealthy individual ruling everything. We're already having that situation in the real world and it's not working neither for the people nor the planet.
mio2815
Traffic Value: $32,608.39303 Germany
5 like this post 1 people
24/02/2021 18:41
@klikdiva

oh I remember, that guy cost me one year of savings.
But there is a difference, if someone is manipulating the market because he is member of the stuff or not.
Someone who isn't, trades on his own risk. That's simple the way markets work.

I'm with stra, if you want other rules you have to tell which. 
But don't forget that every rule has side effects.  

I'm a fan of free markets, because they are fair (except of course the CEO sells  his shares just to announce he'll produce 50 Million more.). 
stra
Traffic Value: $285.59089 Greece
0 like this post 0 people
24/02/2021 18:57
"1. Are you aware thar regular users are not able to implement any kind of market rules by themselves here?

2. At some time, few years ago, when there were those huge one-person market moves, somebody proposed to split the market into two playgrounds: one high rollers market and a regular guy version
."

1. Of course. I meant us all, as a community. If the community wants something, then it should be told loud and clear to the MTV team.
But first, decide on that something.

2. I have to remind you, that i was the one who proposed that. wink
I proposed a second market for large blocks of RPs (they were called "shares" back then).

But that is a totally different thing.
wafel92
Traffic Value: $913.36183 Poland
24/02/2021 19:36
Are you really think that he cares about Market?

Guys i don't think that's really a problem. Here's what i found on site in "Royalty Positions Holders" 

"Buy 50,000,000 Royalty Positions to become a majority royalty position holder, enabling you to take an active roll in the operation, management and direction of this business, and it's staff."

So if even site give you this possibility, why he can't use it?
\\\
klikdiva
24/02/2021 20:27
@stra
I swear I didn't remember it was you who did that proposal, but thanks for the reminder.
Anyway, I think it's a valid option and could be useful nowadays to bring that proposal back. 

Same or different people, we're still having the same problem: small investors trying to make a modest trade or two to grow their holdings, and whales that have enough $$ power to manipulate the market and get the market to do whatever they want it to do on a whim.

@mio
I guess that you, same as I were not part of that selected group. 

I'm a huge fan of freedom, but freedom requires behaving in a responsible way. That many times means having self control and applying restraint when one's freedom to act affects negatively the rest of the community.

@wafel
Yes, you can do that, but there is a huge difference between RP hoarding with bids placed within the market flow and brute-forcing the market flow to get it done at your whim.

Besides the implications: if he doesn't care now, how do you think he'll care later about the safety of your investment?
bpc1234
Traffic Value: $62,710.15909 United States
10 like this post 0 people
24/02/2021 20:29
I like the idea of MTV buying a small amount of RPs on every profitable day and retiring them. (permanently taking out of circulation)

For example 1% of the days profit or $5 worth if that is the larger # 

No programming needed. Just move the RPs to a "retired" username or whatever they want to call it.

Seems like a tiny amount but over the long haul it will have a big impact. 

As of today's price:
Minimum of $5 a day x 7 days would be 35000 RPs out of circulation a week.
Minimum of 1,820,000 RPs in a year out of circulation from the 500 million total RPs.
(should be much more when you figure in the 1% of profit days)

It will add up eventually.
fraser
Traffic Value: $11,569.46477 Australia
24/02/2021 22:52
@jordy

Agreed that the $1 advertising isn't great, but if you pay the $2 for an extra 20,000 125x125's then I've found it pretty effective.  Actually, more so than if you pay $3 for an extra 10,000 728x90's

This means you're 'down' 50 cents ish against what you get back in BAP ads, but it's really easy to recoup this via the RP/BAP market.  So, I essentially have free advertising!

And just to add my opinion on what Hoppa is doing...I'm fine with it.

He actually relieved me of about 500,000RPs over the last week.  Why?  Because he traded the market better than I did.  He is putting his own money at risk, so with greater risk comes greater reward (or greater losses)

Nice suggestion @bpc1234  You could actually go one step further and use the RPs purchased to then purchase BAP (and burn the BAP).  This would increase ad values and burn the tax.
druth8x
Traffic Value: $22,417.44153 United States
3 like this post 0 people
25/02/2021 00:03
1. Just how much RP are actively being traded, aren't most RP effectively off the market?

2. Do they have to be perm retired?
a. What about determine a future price they can be sold at and the money be given out as dividends?
For ex:
No matter what all accumulated at the point they hit $1 per.
OR
10x the price bought
OR
ALL bought in 2021 sold for 10c, all bought in 2022 50c etc.
dguy
1 like this post 3 people
25/02/2021 05:06
@stra,

What is he stealing and how on earth does he do so?

If people perceive the market is being gamed they will stand back from buying shares (in the fear they will just go down anyway). This lowers trading volumes and thus lowers the fees the site can collect.
bambarec
Traffic Value: $17,409.62296 Romania
1 like this post 1 people
25/02/2021 07:47
Why complaining, is like you ask for private planes to be affordable for everyone.... if you want to trade or hold rp start investing, you have years in the back to can save money if you wanted to take it slow, but i think you are like the rest of the world, waiting for others to do simething for you... Like bitcoin, you will buy shares when everyone will want them.
Page: , , , , ... , , , 325, , , ... , , ,
Forum - Misc - How are the RPs doing?
Subscribe to this Topic