Welcome Guest - Login / Register Forum - Misc - War clicks - Bug reports

War clicks - Bug reports

Sticky threads

Latest Posts

NISETA
Traffic Value: $347.04788 Sri Lanka
0 like this post 0 people
08/05/2018 13:09
@slosumo i am a member since WC started angry and i do login and played.

i can help you by showing some screenshots but i don't know how to insert an image in to this forum.
Ajay0000
Traffic Value: $6,068.9465 India
1 like this post 0 people
08/05/2018 14:17
@NISETA

use imgur to upload your image and then copy paste the link like htt../www...i.imgur./(image code).com
klikdiva
Traffic Value: $1,701.2323 Honduras
08/05/2018 15:04
Afer alittle domestic accient I had to change computers and unfortunately I found the warclicks pass was never saved.

I tried a few times the passsword recovery, but I'm not getting anything in my email, not even in the spam folder, and yes, the adress I'm sending to is the correct one.

Is this also broken?
klemen50
Traffic Value: $5,893.23193 Slovenia
08/05/2018 15:11
Slosumo:
@klemen can you help me out here:
1) When did this happen to you exactly?

On Sunday afternoon. In the morning everything was fine, but in the afternoon, all of a sudden PP and gold was reset.

2) What (approx) was your old max PP you reached (i.e. 110e)?
I don't know excatly. I know I was on 7th place in country stats. So around 56.00e87.

3) Was you WarZone progress intact or was it reset as well?
WarZone was completely intact.

4) Were you buying or trying out different profile customizations before this happened?
No. Nothing of the above.

Did you perform a privatization since then, and about when?
I didn't do anything. I didn't buy anything.

Also the gold usage is explained
as you bought 2x 1500 gold and 1x 500 gold time warps on
Sun, 06 May 2018 15:28:05 UTC (So ~17:28 Slovenian time).

Could you confirm that you did the above actions or on the contrary, did not do them?
I didn't buy these things that you are mentioning.
NISETA
09/05/2018 01:41
https://imgur.com/JJeXcI2
https://imgur.com/6YIv70Z
https://imgur.com/wNJZbEf

grin @Ajay0000 Thank you for the support!
druth8x
Traffic Value: $22,417.44153 United States
09/05/2018 03:10
FUEL reward in WZ is now a random amount?

Used to be 5% for a failed ad and 25% normally.
I was given 2 25%'s and then 12.65 and 14.55%.

Also, in the distant future/when you have a chance, could you code BC Upgrades tank to show the net 20 (2 pages of 10) upgrades? Still can't buy them w/o buying from the 1st page, but still would help strategize to know what is reachable and worth it.
slosumo - Administrator
Traffic Value: $28,438.4426 Slovenia
3 like this post 0 people
10/05/2018 11:30
Thanks for all the reports!

I'll give a quick summary here, of what we found so far happened, then I'll get to replying to individual account fixes.

Alright - so what happened is - we don't know yet exactly. We had about 5 reports from users over the weekend about lost BC progress /gold, but after investigating they all didn't feel like the same issue at all, so it made things very complicated to investigate.

Some just lost progress in BC, some lost progress in a "normal way"(with actions logged, like gold spend or privatization), and some looked to have like some account details mixed (some AG users).

So the cause of the issues pointed into several potential things (that might or might not actually happened), that might be completely unrelated in some very specific cases:
Some overwriting of account/user data/actions, or the possibility that some of the users were hacked/phished and a 3rd party attacked logged in to their account and did a few actions and lastly, that someone found a potential exploit of getting access to a random player's account.

Before anyone gets alarmed, the more I'm investigating this the least likely the more I feel for various reasons the last one didn't happen, but out of safety precautions I would still advise anyone that had this BC reset suddenly or a loss of a few K gold suddenly after a day (note if by any chance anyone still gets thrown back a few WZ battles this is not a part of this) to change their password at https://warclicks.com/forgot.html

We've also found and fixed a potential exploit of gaining access to a random account - but after logging for potential tries of it, we see no records yet of anyone attempting it, so it's highly unlikely that's what happened in the first place.

Right now everything is pointing towards some overwrite issues due to a complicated auth system that needs to work between different platforms, and we'll be deploying several fixes to make it more thorough.

If anyone experienced this issue and not reported it yet, please submit a ticket to info@warclicks.com and we'll restore your proper account state - for all of you that posted here already DON'T send an email, as I'll sort/comment on your case in a bit smile
slosumo - Administrator
2 like this post 0 people
10/05/2018 11:54
@ibadnan in your case your progress seems to NOT(?) be lost - or did you actually manage to re-buy everything so fast already?

Anyway, I added the gold back already, so if you feel there's still something I didn't compensate for please let me know the details.

@boyakasha Although I can see no difference in gold for your account, there was a 1.5k spend the past few days, that I assume "wasn't yours", so I've re-added the gold with a bit extra. Everything else seems good correct?

@NISETA as you weren't a part of the recent competitions I can't exactly determine if you lost any gold or not. So I'm going with your word and adding with a bit extra smile
Regarding the BC "reset" in your case I have to ask (I see it's the first time you did it smile ) - did you use the privatize function?
@some of the icons appear based on which units are opened in BootCamp. We'll fix this to always show if you deployed at least once.

@liberdeus If I am correct none of your BC/WZ progress was affected- I've refunded your godl with a bit extra though.

@klikdiva on our email client you were considered as "stale" that's why no email was sent. I've reactivated you there so if you try again the email should go out properly now. And in case you don't get it in 15 mins, drop a note and I'll resend it manually.
slosumo - Administrator
10/05/2018 11:57
@druth It's still like that - possibly you had more than 75% fuel so it rounded down to 100 max?

We'll consider doing that as the next month we'll have a programmer working on many quality/experience improvements so we'll see if that's something we'd like to do. Maybe as a setting or so could work well indeed.
liberdeus
Traffic Value: $11,838.29378 Italy
10/05/2018 12:04
Thanks slosumo for your care and actions.
I confirm that I didn't notice impact on WZ.
As for BC I'm actually doing a lot of deploying after the e129 privatization so my PP amount is frequently reset to 0, so I'm not able to say if something happened together with the gold loss.
druth8x
10/05/2018 14:48
There have been times that I was too busy IRL and came back to fuel at ~55% and did another TC and thus maxed out at 100%. In fact, I finally this month noticed that AC fuel bar (that is never at 0%, even if I start at 0%) does seem to be fuller when I have fuel left. However, when doing ads (which is where the 25% comes from), I am 100% positive that 1) I am going after another ad just under 50% to for sure under 75%, so there is room for 1 (or has not happennedsince you fixed, double claim reward of 50%). 2) I didn't end up with 100% or even high 90s, (aka AC removed just enough for me to not see it had hit 100% (but again not possible as I had max 75% before I do 1 ad.

BTW, I am not at all positive, but I'm quite sure that I was "hacked" or something as well b/c since your latest (which is a long time now as the 3x bonus days are gone) support emails to me, (and a bit b4) I have not bought ANYTHING but 2 sets of 4x90 GOLD upgrades in BC, and that was only since I finally deployed earlier this month after a month or so w/o and then earlier today. 90x4x2=720+16,627=17,347   I had given up on 6x DPC when I was near either 18K or maybe even as high as 19K, right? And, OFC I've been earning GOLD since then, so I shouldn't have a 17 (after readding what I spent) when I stopped as low as 18. Again, I could possibly be mistaken, which is why I haven't posted about it, but as you are having trouble pinpointing what occurred, I figured, more data points would be helpful.
boyakasha
Traffic Value: $511.70205 United Kingdom
10/05/2018 15:17
Thanks for the gold I certainly didn't buy anything so finding out where it went might offer a solution , my bootcamp was reset and I lost all contractors as well though so I've still taken a big hit on where I was before this.
klikdiva
Traffic Value: $1,701.2323 Honduras
10/05/2018 21:05
@Slosumo

I got to reset the password allright, thank you for fixing that, but did you have any chances to check into the other issues I had?

My gold is still at 12k+ though I never donated 5K to the Country Treasury and I still have missing 300M+ DPC and almost all my Support Units as I reported before.
NISETA
11/05/2018 01:01
@slosumo Thank you for the consideration and i am very humble to say that i don't accept that gold & i know i don't deserve something i hadn't rolleyes
I just asked please make it right before competition get over sad i was about to deploy the troops for increase percentage of contractors! I mean am intend to deploy but i didn't, so i knew what exactly will happen after click "privatize" button!

I won't privatize troops near the competition getting over.yeah it'll be my first time if i did it.After reading that description who would dare to do itsilly All i want to say that i didn't use privatize option and as you mention it could be someone else but not me!

So what a about my score? it was more than 360B  sad I am not talking about me anymore i'm just asking that please fix that before someone else to happen angel
ibadnan
Traffic Value: $459.892 Pakistan
11/05/2018 04:31

•  @ boyakasha [same reply as him] same situation to me as well

Thanks for the gold I certainly didn't buy anything so finding out where it went might offer a solution , my bootcamp was reset and I lost all contractors as well though so I've still taken a big hit on where I was before this.
slosumo - Administrator
5 like this post 0 people
11/05/2018 11:28
Heads up about competition changes coming on Monday smile
https://www.reddit.com/r/warclicks/comments/8imxl6/competition_rework_coming_next_monday/
druth8x
19/05/2018 13:25
New competition Ranking still not fixed and the new round is almost over.

Specifically talking about Country ranking...it doesn't even have it in reverse order
Well, it does, but some are in the right order for 1-29, thus right now it should go:

etc

I could have sworn that earlier in the week it wasn't that bad, so I think your team has been looking into it.

EDIT: OK. Just reopened it after posting and it's back to what I normally see 10-1 is in reverse order. Except when I go to page 10 b/c I didn't seen Indonesia and Peru I see it back to most of the top countries in the 90s and going back to page one is just like I explained.

Also, 96 (aka who should be #1), while I do believe they should be in the Top 5 or so (they were 4th), is the power of 10 countries and also got 5/7 of the way to their old score in 1 week?

Also, the Top Players by Star leaderboard has #1 with almost as much as I have since the start, and 2 and 3 over 50%, 4th is also 1/3 the way there in under a week? Is this even possible (like if you pay to play can you do it?).
stark100
Traffic Value: $729.96203 Hungary
19/05/2018 18:11
All time ranking has been wrong for months. According to the rankings  i am 7th, but in the hall of fame i am 14th. And the second one result is ma real ranking. Powerpoint ranking is correct for me. Country ranking also wrong.
slosumo - Administrator
20/05/2018 08:09
@druth
By reverse order you mean that sometimes when you click on the country comp rankings you see -9,-8,-7... 0 places? That's some sort of caching issue that we'll solve, but after you see that and refresh/see another page it should show properly.

What exactly do you mean by these numbers

One thing you have to note is that with these competition changes it is taking into account only registered and ACTIVE users (means they played DURING the competition), and the DIFFERENCE of their scores compared to the end of last competition/start of the competition.

This means that a country had 400T score at the end of previous comp where a lot of people were active, their new competition "active score" starts off with 0 at the next competition and increases as more players are active this week, and their score adds up. This means that say, one of the players from the past week wasn't active this week (and he had like 200T contribution) that even if all the rest were active this new week then the countries new active score would be 200T (+ any extra that they also gained this week). Thus compared to last week the country actually lost ~200T score this competition week.

We are considering some changes here but for the time being we prefer this way of doing it, as it makes the competitions really interesting/changeable as it looks at activity of the whole country during a week to base rewards off. The downside is that it's a bit confusing (especially with the negative changes) so because of that we're looking at ways to make that a bit clearer or add some other twist to the country weekly score competition.

Also note that the rankings widget (with your live rankings), takes into account only registered & active players (played last 7 days, NOT this week- like in competitions) and is as such an accurate representation of active players' power in the warclicks universe. I.e. if the top player goes on vacation for a week, then realistically the second players is then the top player while that one is away.

The hall of fame rankings are practically the same as the live "active" rankings, just that it doesn't take activity into account. So if there was someone from the past who had tons more score, he'd still be listed there (hence hall of fame) - but in reality for the top rankings at least, the active players are also the top players so there's not much difference there. But everyone can be found on those rankings, active or not.
slosumo - Administrator
20/05/2018 08:13
Also note that if someone privatized right before the comp their starting score would basically be far lowered as their PP multiplier was nulled, and thus by the ending of this competition they'd have gained more score.

But this would of course be at the cost that then in the previous competition their difference would be 0 or even negative and they'd fall far down the list of previous competition.

So it can also be a part of strategy how/when you privatize etc. if you're trying for go for a specific ranking in a specific week.
Page: , , , , ... , , , 115, , , , ,
Forum - Misc - War clicks - Bug reports
Subscribe to this Topic